Chemical and materials theorist.
Alfred P. Sloan Graduate Fellow
I am currently a final year undergrad at [Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM)], and will soon embark on a Ph.D. in Theoretical and Computational Chemistry at UC San Diego where I will work under under Professor [Francesco Paesani] as an Alfred P. Sloan Fellow.
During my doctoral studies, I will work on developing models and simulation methods for quantum dynamics in the condensed phase. I will also participate actively in the modeling complex hybrid organic-inorganic solid-state materials.
Methods I am interested in:
- Tight Binding and effective Hamiltonian models
- Density Functional Theory
- Many-Body Molecular Dynamics
Materials I am interested in:
- Quantum Materials (e.g. 2D magnets, superconductors, Topological materials)
- Semiconductors and mixed conductors (ionic)
- vdW heterostructures
- Compounds with heavy or radioactive elements